Beauty for life:
Enhancing your appearance with nose surgery
While the shape of your nose is usually the result of heredity, the appearance may have been altered in an injury or during prior surgery. Also know as rhinoplasty, surgery of the nose improves the appearance and proportions of your nose, enhancing facial harmony and self confidence. Surgery of the nose may also correct impaired breathing caused by structural abnormalities in the nose.
What can surgery of the nose accomplish?
Rhinoplasty can change:
- Nose size, in relation to the other facial structures
- Nose width, at the bridge
- Nose profile, with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip, that is large or bulbous, or too upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation
Is it right for me?
Nose surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else's desire or to try to fit any sort of ideal image. Surgery of the nose is a good option for you if:
- Your facial growth is complete and your are 13 years of age or older
- Your are physically healthy
- You don't smoke
- You have specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
The surgery itself
STEP 1- Anesthesia
Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure. We perform rhinoplasty under general anesthesia.
STEP 2- The Incision
Surgery of the nose is performed either using a closed procedure, where incisions are hidden inside the nose, or an open procedure, where an incision is made across the columella, the narrow strip of tissue that separates the nostrils. Through these incisions, the soft tissues that cover the nose are gently allowed access to reshape the structure of the nose.
STEP 3- Reshaping the nose structures
View Photo Gallery (Before & After Photos) Dr Ross