More than any other facial feature, your eyes reveal most about how you feel. when your eyes are bright and alert, you appear energized, well-rested, and in control. However, if you have lower eyelid puffiness, dark circles or drooping upper lids, others may assume your are fatigued, angry or unhappy. If you believe that your eyes are making you look tired, sad, or older than you really feel, cosmetic eyelid surgery (also called blepharoplasty) may be the right choice for you. Eyelid surgery can remove the excess fat and drooping skin of the upper eyelids, minimize bags under the eyes and tighten the lower eyelid skin. The result is a more alert and rested appearance.
Eyelid surgery is performed on men and women of all ages who want to improve their self-image. Most people have eyelid surgery to minimize the effects of aging.
You may be a good candidate for eyelid surgery if you have any one of the following conditions:
• Upper eyelids excess skin that hides the natural fold of the upper eyelids
• Loose skin that hangs down form the upper eyelids
• Puffiness in the upper eyelids that creates a tired look.
• Lower eyelids excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelids
• Puffy “bags” and , in some cases, dark circles.
Eyelid surgery needs to be approached with extra caution if you have any of the following medical conditions:
• Thyroid problems
• Lower eyelids that droop significantly and reveal white beneath the iris
• Eye problems, such as “dry eye”, detached retina or glaucoma
• High blood pressure
• Cardiovascular disease